REED INVESTMENT PROPERTIES
PO BOX 273
WAVERLY, NEBRASKA 68462
1-844-DPVILLA / UK 0-800-014-8959
FAX 1-844-DPVILLA EMAIL: [email protected]
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - General
CHECK IN TIME IS 4:00PM AND CHECK OUT TIME IS 10:00AM
1. All bookings accepted by Reed Investment Properties, LLC are subject to these terms and conditions.
2. Booking procedure, payment terms and security deposit a) Upon receipt of your quote, we will honor it for no more than 7 days, i.e. Mon-Mon b) A Booking Deposit will be collected on all rentals booked unless you are booking within the 8wk before arrival time frame. This deposit is payable to Reed Investment Properties, LLC either by personal check, US Postal Money Order, or Credit Card (Discover, Master Card, Visa or PayPal). c) Full rental payment is due 8 weeks before the 1st night stay at all Reed Investment Properties. A reminder will automatically be issued 7 days prior to the due date. Bookings made within 8 weeks prior to your first night stay are payable in full at the time of booking. d) A Security Deposit will be required to be selected at the time of booking however it will not be due until the final payment for the Villa is due. There are 2 options, $50 non-refundable waiver, or $250 refundable. e) The Security Deposit/Damage Waiver is charged to cover any costs for property damage. This does not limit your liability if the property sustains damage that exceeds the amount of the deposit that you have previously paid. You will be billed for all damages and replacement costs that exceed your deposit amount. All three of the options will only cover you up to $250.00. Failure to pay this bill timely will result in legal action.
3. Cancelations and changes to the Booking a) Should you cancel your confirmed booking for any reason whatsoever, the following charges will apply and will be deducted from any payments received for the original rental: Cancelation prior to 8 weeks before scheduled 1st night stay- Booking Deposit Cancelation between 4 and 8 weeks – 50% of rental amount received. Cancelation within 4 weeks of rental – 100% of rental amount received. b) We reserve the right to cancel the booking if payment has not been received by the due date. c) Changes to the booking – wherever possible changes to booking made will be accommodated although charges may apply. Changes to rental dates within 8 weeks of traveling may be deemed as a cancelation and subject to charges shown above…
4. Accommodation a) The accommodation provided is only for the use of the persons named by the client on the booking form. Subletting, sharing or assigning is prohibited. The maximum amount of people (regardless of age) allowed to stay in Windsor Hills Disney Villa is 12. If you violate this law, you could be subject to further action to include but not limited to; immediate eviction and no rental refund. b) The property will be available to clients after 4pm on the date of arrival unless otherwise agreed upon. All accommodations must be vacated by 10 am on the date of departure. Your code will not allow early arrival or late departures. Please do a walk-through of the premises and be sure to report any damage within 24 hours or arrival or you may be held liable for damages found by the management company the morning of your departure. c) Reed Investment Properties will not be liable for any loss or injury or illness resulting from the use of the property and pool. d) Swimming pools are dangerous and no house pool should be used by children without appropriate adult supervision. e) While in normal circumstances you will be accommodated in the home of your choice, we reserve the right to substitute accommodation of a similar or higher standard should this be operationally necessary. f) Reed Investment Properties reserves the right to decline certain party groups.
5. Complaints a) Should the client have any reason for complaint or dissatisfaction, they should immediately contact Disney Pool Villas., the managing agent for the property. Reed Investment Properties will attend the property as soon as practicable and take appropriate remedial action where possible or make arrangements for such remedial action to be taken as soon as possible. b) If an emergency arises outside of DPV’s normal business hours, leave a message detailing the problem. The phone number boldly listed is monitored 24/7 and they will return your call. c) Please be advised that after hour calls to the cell numbers could be assessed to you if you truly do not have an emergency. Some examples of emergencies are as follows: 1 A/C failure-not cooling 2 Furnas- not heating 3 Alarm issues 4 Plumbing leaks or flooding 5 Lost keys to property (please be advised that lost key will be charged at $50 per key) or lock code failure 6 Break-In or burglary These are examples of emergencies that would warrant an after- hours call to us A pool light not working at 1:00am, a burnt out light bulb at 11:00pm, internet not working, etc…..these calls would be considered “non- emergency” calls and could be charged to you. If you are calling usto come to your aid, in a less than emergency situation, for every time they come out, there could be a $50.00 charge to you. Reed Investment Properties Office Hours M-F 8:00am-5:00pm Sat 9:00am-1:00pm 1-844-DPVILLA
6. Smoking a) Smoking is not permitted inside our home.
7. Animals and Pets Where Permitted Reed Investment Properties, LLC will not be responsible for any adverse reactions from pet hair, dander, or any other allergic reactions guests might experience due to pets whatsoever. a) Only dogs are permitted in our home. There is an additional charge per pet. b) The pet owner is totally responsible for the pet and its actions. c) No pets will be allowed to be left alone on the premises unless it is kenneled. d) All pets must have current vaccinations. e) The pet owner understands that any pet causing a nuisance to anyone will be subject to eviction with no refund of payments for the unused portion of their stay. f) All pet ‘mess’ will be removed by the owner and disposed of in a proper fashion as it occurs and especially on vacating the premises. Any mess not removed will incur a $100 clean up fee. No pet mess to be left in garbage on day of departure. g) Pets are not allowed on any furniture or beds nor will the pet be allowed access to any of the homes bedrooms. h) The pet owner will be solely responsible for any stains /damage or odors caused by the pet above and beyond the non-refundable deposit, which could result in having the carpets cleaned or whatever is necessary to restore the home back to evidence free of pets. i) The owner shall be solely responsible for excessive hair removal and billed additionally $50.00 j) The owner shall ensure that the pet is tic / flea and worm treated before arrival. k) No pets allowed in the swimming pool. l) a) The pet owner will ensure that the pet does not go on to neighboring properties or does not use the pool deck as a bathroom. Please take your dog out to the grass and clean up immediately. If there is evidence that the pool deck was used as a kennel and smells of pet urine or pet stool, you will be assessed $50.00 for the additional labor to clean the pool area to restore it back to the condition it was in when you arrived. We are happy for you to be able to bring your dog with you, but when you leave, there should be absolutely NO evidence that the dog was there.
8. Maintaining the Gas Grill We are happy that we can provide free of charge a gas grill for your use. We would ask that you pull it away from the wall and out from the overhang prior to using it, and be sure to clean it when you have finished grilling (instructions provided at the home). If you fail to leave the grill in the condition that you found it, it will result in an additional charge of $50.00. If you would like to pay the $50.00 and not have to clean the grill let us know and we will add it to your rental and make arrangements to have the grill cleaned after your departure. In the event you would run out of propane, if you wish to take it to Wal-Mart and get an exchange, we will be happy to reimburse you. All you will need to do is send your receipt to our office and we will mail you a check. Please include your name, date of your stay and the property you stayed in.
9. Trash Household waste must be placed in plastic bags only. The trash will be picked up on the assigned day for your home. You must put your trash out as instructed above or you could be assessed a fee for failure to do so.
10. Staying in a Vacation Rental Home While we would like to make your stay as comfortable as being in your own home, there are always going to be some things that you wished that we had available for your use. We have made every attempt to insure that the staples are there for you, but sometimes things come up missing and we are not made aware of them. Should you come across something that you feel would have made a difference in your stay, please drop us an email and let us know. If you are in dire need during your visit, please call and we will make every reasonable effort to accommodate you. There are some items we would gladly reimburse you for, in example; propane for the grill and batteries for the remote controls.
11. Convenience Pack –Available for Purchase- Because we cannot accommodate to everyone’s liking their choice for toilet paper, paper towels, soaps etc. we have available for purchase a convenience pack with the items that we think you will most likely need to start out your stay. If you would like to purchase this “Convenience Pack” it is available to do so as an option in your contract. If you choose not to purchase it, there are a lot of Dollar Store’s and Wal-Marts that you can purchase what you like or you can bring the items from home. Furnishing a home with all of the starter supplies is by far more costly then is for a hotel with just a bathroom and no kitchen or washer and dryer etc. . We are providing you an option to purchase this as a convenience to you our customers. You are no way obligated to purchase it. If you have questions, do not hesitate to call 1-844-DPVILLA
12. Video Games, Movies, etc.: We have placed in each of our homes a variety of games and movies for your use. Over time, these items have been mistreated or stolen. We apologize if we do not have what you were looking for, but we cannot accommodate everyone’s preference. There are numerous “red box” rental places that you can rent exactly what you like. Having batteries on hand has also been a problem. Our management company verifies that the remotes are all in working order prior to our guest’s arrival.
13. Pool and Spa If you are purchasing pool heat: The American Swimming Association and the American Red Cross recommend that for comfortable swimming, the pool heat should be set to 82º. We follow that recommendation however we do set our pool to 85º and also suggest that you put the pool cover on at night. We do not suggest that you reset the thermostat without consulting our management company first; they are available for consultation in the event you feel your pool heat is not operating to its maximum capacity. Please be advised that the pool heat will only reach 20 degrees higher than the average temp that day. In example: If it is 50 degrees outside, the warmest the pool will get is around 70. If the pool is not maintaining at least 20º warmer than the average outside temperature, feel free to contact our management company during business hours (9-5) at 1-844-DPVILLA
14. Force Majeure We can accept no responsibility for, and shall not be liable in respect of loss or changes caused by Force Majeure, e.g. strikes, fires, flood, and closure of airport, weather conditions, war, riots, terrorist activity or any other event beyond our control.
15. You are welcome to enjoy the Clubhouse Amenities if your home has one. We ask that all members in your party (listed members only) act in a responsible manner at all times in and around the Club House Facilities. In the home you will find a booklet with all the details for the club house and amenities.
16. Drivers All names of driver’s in your party will need to be emailed to me so that I can register them for entry into the main gate. If you are not on the list, you are going to have a hard time getting through the gate. You will be asked to provide a valid driver’s license. If you do not have one, you probably will not be allowed entry. If you wish to order a pizza, you will need to call the guard shack and let them know. There is tight security and we follow their rules to the letter.
17. Pool Heaters - For pool homes rented between October and April you may find the pool water colder than you desire and may want to consider order the optional pool heating. When you book and pay for this option ny we will switch on the pool heater on the day you arrive and turn it off on the morning you depart.
The pool heater operates when the pool pump is on and in the winter months this is set to come on for 8 hours per day. In the coldest winter months heating the pool can be a problem. Florida has a temperate climate but we do get cold fronts coming in from the north that can bring overnight low temperatures in the 30's and 40's - these can last for several days. Under these circumstances there is no way the pool heater will be able to keep the water at a comfortable temperature. Electric pool heaters are heat pumps and have almost no effective heating capacity when the air temperature falls below 50 degrees. The Gas heated pools will heat considerably better.
A standard private swimming pool contains on average 13,000 gallons of water so heating it up is NOT instantaneous. Depending on the outside air temperature, a typical electric heater will generally raise the water temperature around 10 - 12 degrees per day and there will be cooling off overnight when the air temperature drops. Using a solar blanket if supplied will greatly reduce nighttime cooling and in fact will aid in heating if left on during the day.
If the pool heater suffers mechanical failure we will do our best to repair the unit as quickly as possible. This being said, parts may be required and they may have to be ordered - repairs cannot always be made the same day they are reported. If the pool heater does fail you will receive a refund for any days where the pool heater was inoperable due to mechanical failure. Please note that cold weather does NOT constitute a mechanical failure and no refunds will be given for problems that are due to cold weather.
If you home comes with an in-ground spa then this uses the same pool heater. If you have not paid for pool heating or spa only heating then the pool heater will not be turned on and the spa will not get hot. Under normal pool operation the spa and pool water will be the same. Spas can be made to get hotter than the regular pool and this is achieved by a system of valves. When the spa is turned on the water flow to the pool is shut off and just the spa water is circulated through the heater. This is a smaller volume of water and so it will get hotter quicker. Spa's are usually heated to around 100 degrees. Again - this is NOT instantaneous, it will need to run for a while to get hot.
Please be aware that when the heater is in spa mode all the heat is diverted to the spa - the pool will not be heated so do not leave the heater in spa mode permanently.
Final note on pool heating: Pool controls vary greatly from home to home so if you are uncertain how to operate the controls please call the local property manager for help and advice.
18. Any dispute or other legal action concerning this Agreement, including any arbitration or litigation proceedings shall be conducted in Lancaster County Nebraska.
19. Age Primary renter must be over 25 years of age.
Questions and/or Comments Please email to: [email protected] / Call us at 1-844-DPVILLA / FAX 1-844-DPVILLA