Frequently Asked Questions
Before you look at the Frequently Asked Questions we wanted to make sure you understand a few things. The main thing to remember if you have never rented a private vacation home before is that renting a vacation home is not like renting a hotel room. All of our homes are “Self Catering” which means that there is no daily maid service, no on site maintenance man, etc. Each home has a full kitchen if you want to prepare meals for your family. Each home also has a washer and dryer which you can freely use during your stay. Each home will have courtesy soaps and toilet paper to get you started but will not have daily consumables such as laundry detergent or dishwasher soap. Each home is inspected by the manager prior to your arrival so we know what problems there are, if any. Please supervise your children to prevent damage or problems. Maintenance issues, such as clogged drains, that were caused by misuse, could incur a service fee which will be charged to you. We don’t want to scare you and it is rare that things like this happen but we do want you to use common sense at the villa. We understand that homes require maintenance and repairs and we are always available if you truly have a problem and need help but we should not have to pay for something that was caused by your negligence.
1. How do I book a home?
You can either make a booking directly on this website by using the "check availability box" to the left. Or you can call our office at 1-844-DPVILLA and our reservation team will be glad to help you.
2. Is booking online secure?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database. It will only be accessible by those authorized with special rights to such systems. They are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
3. Can I bring my pet with me?
All our homes are pet friendly, with the exception of our Reunion Disney Villa home. We do charge a fee of $100 for the first dog and $50 each for every additional dog up to 3 total. Some of the communities where our homes are located do not allow more than 2 pets. If you have more than that please contact us before booking. There is no pet deposit, as the fee is for the cleaners to do a deep cleaning on the property after your stay. You can call our office at 1-844-DPVILLA and we would love to help find a home that is just right for you and your pets.
4. What are the benefits of a vacation home rental?
Our vacation homes are stocked in such a way that you always feel like you are coming "home" to your "vacation home" rather than returning to a small hotel room. Our homes have full kitchens, game rooms, some have spas and all have BBQ grills which are free to use. . You will be able to enjoy a full service home while you are on vacation rather than a small, cramped hotel room.
5. Why should I rent from Reed Investment Properties?
We know you have choices when selecting your dream vacation rental villa. Here are a few reasons that Reed Investment Properties stands apart from the competition.
1) We adhere to the same cleaning standards as most 5 star hotels. Most vacation rentals only wash their comforters once a year. Our comforters are outfitted with duvet covers that are washed every time between guests along with the rest of the bedding. You can rest assured that your bedding is clean and fresh when staying with us.
2) All villas have private pools and most are south / southwest facing for optimum sunlight during your stay.
3) Location, Location, Location. All our villas are a short drive to all the major attractions including Walt Disney World.
4) All Villas have reviews from previous guests.
5) We offer online up to date calendars which allow you to generate an online quote that have no hidden fees.
6) Each villa has a website with additional information, pictures and video so you can have all the information.
7) Most villas have a game room with a combination of arcade games, pool table, Foosball, air hockey along with a Xbox 360 free to use during your stay. If they do not have a game room there will be a theater.
8) A gas grill is at the house free to use.
9) Free secured internet connection (WiFi)
10) For small children staying with us we have pack n plays, high chairs, and cribs free to use.
11) All villas have Mickey Mouse and Medieval Castle themed bedrooms for the kids.
12) All properties are owned and maintained by us. We are not a property management company nor do we utilize a property management company. This fact insures your will receive a uniformly stocked, clean and well cared for home during your visit.
6. How close are you to the airport?
All homes are located around 20-30 miles from Orlando International Airport.
7. How near are your homes to Walt Disney World® and other area attractions?
All homes are located a short 30 minute drive from the entrance to the Walt Disney World Resort® and just a 20-25 minute drive from Sea World, Aquatica, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
8. How much is the deposit to reserve a home?
To reserve a home, we will require 20% of the total rental cost or $200, whichever is higher. If your dates are 6 months or farther out, you can place 10% down.
9. When is the final balance due?
The final balance is due 56 days prior to your arrival.
10. What is the compulsory security deposit?
A security deposit of $250 will be held against loss or damage caused to the property by the parties to this agreement. The security deposit will be fully refundable (within 2 weeks of vacating the property) after a satisfactory status report. Where there is no damage or breakage the security deposit will be fully refunded to your card. The security deposit can be paid by check or credit card with the final balance or pay $50 for insurance that covers up to $250 in damages.
11. When will I receive my Rental Voucher and arrival instructions?
Upon receiving your signed Rental Agreement and final payment, Reed Investment Properties will e-mail you 7 days before your arrival your rental information which will include your rental property address, electronic lock keypad code, wireless internet code and directions to get to your property for the duration of your stay. You will need to print this information off to show the guard at the entrance of most resorts.
12. Will I stay in the specific home I have chosen?
Absolutely yes! Once you have booked either online or call us the availability calendar will automatically be updated on our website, blocking out your specific dates. This will ensure you always get to stay in the property of your choice! If for some unforeseen reason we are required to move you to another home, we will give you prior notice, as well as ensure you are located in a property of similar specifications to the one you have chosen. If this is not permissible, we will be happy to provide you with a refund.
13. Where do I collect the keys to the home?
At Reed Investment Properties, we understand the importance of being able to enjoy every last minute of your holiday! All of our homes have an electronic locks. A four digit entrance code will be sent to you once we receive payment of the final balance. You can go direct from the airport to your villa.
14. What time can I enter the home and when do I have to depart?
4:00 PM. The homes are getting cleaned prior to that. Your designated lock code will not function until your specified arrival time
10:00 AM. To allow enough time for proper cleaning before the next guest arrives
15. Early check-in / out?
Sorry but early check-in is generally not possible. Due to abuses by some guests you will not be able to check-in prior to 4PM. You will not be able to drop off your luggage early or hang out at the villa while the cleaner prepares the villa for your stay. Our cleaners have strict instructions not to allow guest access to any home while they are cleaning it. In rare cases we can allow early check-in but it is not routine. Any check-in that is 12 noon or earlier will incur a half day charge. Any check-in prior to 9 am will incur a full day charge. All other stipulations above still apply
Sorry but late check-out is not possible due to cleaning schedules. Due to abuses by some guests you MUST vacate the villa no later than 10 AM. You can not stay while the cleaner is cleaning. Failure to depart by 10 AM will incur a proportionate fee against your Security HOLD with a minimum charge of $75. You will not be allowed to leave your luggage at the villa for pick-up later.
16. Are the kitchens fully equipped?
All homes are fully equipped with everything you'll need, including a refrigerator, freezer, oven, range, microwave and dishwasher. Additionally, all of Reed Investment Properties vacation homes come complete with toasters, coffee makers, blenders, cookware, dishes, glasses and utensils.
17. Are all linens and towels provided?
Yes, all linens and towels are provided, however we would recommend taking beach towels for the pool area. You can also rent 4 beach towels from us for $15 for the duration of your stay.
18. Are hairdryers provided?
Yes, hairdryers are provided in all of our homes.
19. Are irons and ironing boards provided?
Yes, irons and ironing boards are provided in all of our homes.
20. Is there a telephone in the home?
There is a telephone provided in all Reed Investment Properties Homes which may be used for local calls free of charge. Some homes will also provide free national (USA) calls. International calls are bared.
21. Is a housekeeping service provided?
A housekeeping service can be provided, however there is an additional charge, which is not included in the rental rate. You can opt to have as many mid stay "trash n tidy" cleans as you like ranging from a daily maid service, to a single mid stay clean half way through your stay.
22. Are credit cards accepted?
We accept all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card.
23. What is your Cancellation Policy?
We recommend that our guest obtain travel insurance which covers trip cancellation. We must be notified in writing as soon as possible in the event of cancellation. Should you cancel after the deposit is paid but before the balance is paid, your deposit is forfeited. If you pay the balance earlier than the due date and have to cancel before the due date then we will refund the balance amount (not including the reservation deposit). Once the full balance of your holiday is paid, and your arrival date is less than eight weeks away, then 100% of the cost is forfeited, if you cancel, and you must recover the loss from your travel insurance if possible. We cannot refund unused days (if you arrive late or depart early).
24. Are there any activities at the resort for children?
Yes Aviana, Windsor Hills, Providence and Watersong Resort have a zero entry pool and spa, along with a playground. Tuscan Hills, Cumbrian have just playgrounds.
25. Are the swimming pools heated, Do I need it and will pool heat be enough?
Yes, for an additional charge, with a 4 day minimum. It depends.
During the hot summer months most people don’t want pool heat. Even though the pool can feel a little cool when you first get in, it becomes very nice after a couple of minutes during June – August. Winter months from late October to late March you definitely will want pool heat. Just because our homes are in Florida, which is supposed to be warm, the water temperature can get frigid, NOT something you will want to swim in unless you’re a polar bear. Even south facing pools will be too cold to enjoy during the winter months. During the months of fall and spring most people still want pool heat because the water can still be too cold. Paying the extra cost for pool heat is well worth it.
During winter months, pool heaters will generally heat the water temperature to 85 degrees Fahrenheit. If the air temperature, however, drops to 55° degrees or less, even though the heaters operate for longer hours than in warmer weather, they will not be very effective and the water temperature will not reach a comfortable level. We regret that in these circumstances a refund of part or all of the pool heat charge is not possible and your understanding of this is important when ordering pool heat. Generally speaking pool heaters will only warm a pool about 15° – 20° degrees warmer than the ambient air temperature. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE POOL OR SPA TEMPERATURES because they can be affected by air temperatures and prevailing weather conditions
26. What about Baby Equipment?
Most properties provide complimentary use of a portable folding "Pack-N-Play" crib (which serves as a play pen as well) and high chairs. We do rent cribs and stroller for a small fee.
27. What about a BBQ grill?
All of our homes have grills and many of our properties have an outside summer kitchen. A tank of propane is supplied but should it become necessary during the stay, it is the guests' responsibility to replenish and clean the grill if necessary. Most homes charge for grill use, we do not. You can order a BBQ Grill Prep before you arrive and a full tank of propane will be installed and the grill cleaned before you arrive at the house for $50.
28. If we have a problem with the home, what should we do?
During regular business hours, you may call us toll free at 1-844-DPVILLA and speak directly to one of our qualified personnel. All issues will be documented and addressed in a timely manner. To ensure your piece of mind, we additionally have a property representative on-call 24/7 at 407-216-9060 deal with any emergency situation within your Reed Investment Properties home.
29. What if I leave personal items behind?
In the event a guest may have left a personal item behind in the vacation home, we will do our best to locate it, however, we are not responsible for any losses. If the item is found, the guest will be advised and we will gladly mail your package to you.The guest will be responsible for arranging collection and any cost incurred.
30. Do I need to bring toiletries?
Vacation rental properties “self catering” accommodations. We provide complimentary starter soap, toilet paper, and trash bags. Once these items are used, it is the Guest’s responsibility to replenish them.
31. Do I need to pay for pool heat to have the spa heated?
No,. If you would like the spa to be heated you will need to order spa heat only with your reservation. A spa is able to be heated on its own. The spillover Spas are attached to the pool, using the same water.
When pool heating is chosen in this set-up, the pool and spa will be heated to a temperature around 80-84 degrees Fahrenheit. When the guest then turns on the spa mode, the system will automatically adjust the valves so that the water from the spa is returned back to the spa. This bypasses the pool, and so the spa will be heated so up to somewhere between 94 and 102 degrees Fahrenheit. If left in Spa mode the pool will not be getting any heated water and so the pool will cool down. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE POOL OR SPA TEMPERATURES because they can be affected by air temperatures and prevailing weather conditions
32. How can I make a payment on my rental?
You can make a payment at anytime for any amount on our homepage with the "make a payment tab"
33. What are the quality of the beds?
Bed quality will vary from home to home because these are privately owned vacation homes and the owners have purchased the beds themselves. We advise the owners on beds that we feel need to be replaced so bed quality is good BUT we can’t guarantee a good nights rest to anyone. On the first night most guests are just getting used to a new place and different bed so many times they don’t sleep well on the first night but will eventually settle in after a day or so and sleeping will be more normal. An exhausting day at the theme parks always helps our guests sleep better. Guests with bad backs should understand that beds in vacation homes are not designed to accommodate medical issues like bad backs so you should plan accordingly.
34. What should my overall expectations be?
If you’re expecting 5 star hotel quality pampering then you should stay at one of Disney’s executive resorts. If you want executive quality at a bargain basement price then you will be disappointed. If you’re expecting a comfortable, private home that is well maintained and clean, but not “sterile”, then you will have a great vacation and enjoy the home you selected. We do our best to meet the highest expectations within the limits of vacation home rentals. Most of our homes have amenities that other “standard” homes don’t. This makes them an exceptional value, but Reasonable Expectations will serve you well.
35. Will my tax exempt organization have to pay tax?
The state of Florida only recognizes organizations that are currently registered with the state of Florida as tax exempt. If your organization is an out of state tax exempt organization then you will have to register with the state of Florida. Once you have done that you will need to provide us with a copy of your tax exempt certificate as well as your documentation from the state of Florida
36. What if I have more guests than the max capacity of the home?
Over capacity can cost you BIG TIME. You can lose your Security HOLD/Deposit or be evicted without refund or both. If your contract lists less guests than what you actually have – this is a breach of contract as it is a false statement on your part. ALL guests staying in the home, including children and infants, MUST be listed on the contract, including their ages. Maximum capacities of each home are regulated by local and state agencies so it is a serious thing. If your group expands after you make your initial reservation and is more than the maximum capacity of the home you will have to select a larger home or add another home for your excess guests. If you have to move to a larger home a transfer fee of $100 will be added to your overall reservation. Our ability to offer a larger home is limited by availability. Cancellation is still subject to our cancellation policy. Maximum capacities ARE enforced.
PLEASE NOTE: Our staff manager has the right to demand a head count of your entire group at any time during your stay. ALSO, many of our vacation homes have outside video surveillance that the owner monitors specifically for the number of people entering their home. Over capacity gets reported to us by them also.
37. What if I only want to stay 3 nights?
You can reserve a home for less than 7 nights, even if are only staying for 3 you are welcome to stay less than 7 nights, BUT you will pay the equivalent of 7 nights.
38. Will we need to clean the villa if I paid for a Standard clean?
It takes 4-6 hours to properly prepare a home for the next guest. It is very important that you leave the home on time. If you would like a late check out please call us and we will let you know if late check out is possible! We do not expect you to completely clean the home, but please leave the home neat and tidy. Strip all used linens and please leave the pile of linens on each bed for the housekeeper to start, it will be greatly appreciated! Please load and start the dishwasher with automatic dish washing soap (don’t leave unclean dishes in the sink or on the counter and don’t put dirty dishes away as if they were clean). Bag all trash (no loose trash) and place all trash in the bins.Pick up all trash from the floors and spot clean any stains. Place recycled goods in the recycling bins outside after they are rinsed. Shut off the lights, turn off the air conditioner and lock the doors. Failure to do this check out list will result is additional fees.
39. Will we need to clean the villa if I paid for a Deluxe clean?
No on a Deluxe clean, all you need to do is turn off the lights, turn off the air conditioner and lock the doors.
40. If we don't do any of the cleaning will we be charged?
Some guests think that if they pay for a home they have no responsibilities. That is not true. If you use every towel in the house or change all the bed linens and don’t do any laundry during a weeks stay and leave it all for the cleaner to do, just so you don’t have to buy a $6 bottle of laundry soap, then that is abuse and you will be charged for extra cleaning. Every home has a washer and dryer available and free for our guests to use. The same is true for the dishwasher. On occasion there have been guests who have put all the dishes in the dishwasher without detergent when they left and turned the dishwasher on, only to leave a dishwasher full of dirty dishes for the cleaner to have to re-wash. If a home requires extra cleaning because you left the home in a bad state then we will deduct an appropriate amount from your Security deposit. Please take care of the home and clean up after yourself as if it were your own home.
41. Tell me about the "Lay-a-way your Holiday" Program?
"Lay-a-way your Holiday" makes planning, reserving and budgeting your vacation easy. Don't miss out on reserving your perfect vacation home waiting to save up or to collect money from family members or friends - all you need is the 20% rental deposit if your arrival date is within 6 months and 10% if over 6 months away. You must have 20% of the rental paid for by 6 months from your arrival date*. Secure the vacation home you want for your travel dates online or over the phone and then enjoy the freedom to make payments when you want using the program.
Does the Program Cost?
No interest. No Fees. No worries." Lay-a-way your Holiday" is free to use. That means no interest, no fees and no applications to fill out. All it takes is three simple steps to make your dream vacation a reality.
How does it work?
STEP 1: Find a home
Choose the vacation home rental you want and the dates you will be staying with our easy-to-use online tools. See available homes, view detailed lists of amenities for each home and get an Instant Quote to select the right home for your trip.
STEP 2: Secure your reservation
Reserve your home online or by contacting our Reservations Team at 1-844- DPVILLA (378-4552) . During the reservations process, you'll make a non-refundable 20% or 10% rental deposit*, which is applied to the total cost of your vacation home. 10% rental deposits on dates that are over 6 months away must be booked over the phone with one of our reservation specialists.
STEP 3: Pay as you go
Once your reservation is complete, you will receive a guest confirmation email. Anytime you want to make a payment there will be a payment link button on our website at www.disneypoolvillas.com to allow you to make payments with your reservation number. You can conveniently make payments that fit your budget and schedule.*
*Outstanding balance will be automatically charged 56 days prior to check-in and is non-refundable at that point. Reservations canceled before this time will be refunded per our cancelation policy.
42.What are the benefits of a salt water pool.
The salt water chlorination produces clean, clear, silky-smooth water that’s luxuriously soft. It is also a continuous natural sanitization method, in contrast to administering harsh chemical chlorine to the pool once a week as is done 95% of the time in Central Florida. This means a steady supply of chlorination instead of a weekly “shock” and a low chlorine state by the end of the week. Saltwater pools offer a pleasant healthful swimming experience with fewer chloramines produced; eliminating the harsh chemical odor. Salt water pools reduce skin and eye irritation and greatly reduce the chlorine smell you probably have experienced if you have ever rented other homes in the area. We certainly hope you rent with us, but no matter where you decide to rent, please consider researching saltwater systems before you make your decision. A Salt Water pool will enhance your swimming experience.
43. 7 Ways to Avoid A Vacation Rental Scam
1) The price is too good to be true It’s always thrilling to find a great discount, especially if you’re on a tight budget and are hoping to go on a vacation that’s long enough to let you really relax. However, don’t get too excited before checking our prices. We look at crowd calendars and compare our homes to other similar homes in the area to make sure they are priced fairly. If you come a across a price way below ours to could be a scam and too good to be true.
2) The owner sends you an email from a personal address It’s best to keep your conversations within your account on a vacation rental website or with a business that has an email and webpage, Any time you receive an email about your vacation rental inquiry, check the address of the sender. Scammers will try to replicate emails from legitimate companies, but you can tell whether or not it’s real by looking at their email address. Something like “firstname.lastname@example.org” or “email@example.com” should raise a red flag: if you’re inquiring about a property on a vacation rental website, the email should come from that website - not something like Gmail, Yahoo, AOL or Hotmail. If you are dealing with a business
3) The owner asks for an unusual payment method When you are in contact with someone who is pretending to be the owner, they might request over personal email that you pay via money order or wire transfer - these are signs to run the other direction. NEVER give out your credit card information over email if someone asks. Only use your credit card on a legitimate vacation rental websites that are secure. We will never ask you to wire money to us or pay via money order for our homes.
4) The owner asks you for personal information If the owner wants a scan of your passport or driver’s license, or requests your Social Security Number for verification, do not give out this information. Rental companies should not request information to verify identity over email.We do need your address and phone number, but that is it.
5) Do your research Check to make sure that the address appears in Google maps, that the reviews look genuine, and that the host sounds like a real person. Type the rental owner’s name into a search engine if you’d like, to see if anything shows up. Also, check to see if the property is listed on other vacation rental websites, and if any information is different. This is somewhat of a difficult tasks as we do not give our address out prior to booking or more than 7 days prior to your arrival for the safety of our guests.
6) Report suspicious behavior You can report suspicious behavior in most cases. Contact your credit card company if you’ve been the victim of a fraudulent charge, or PayPal if you recognize a scammed money request. On Craigslist, you can flag a post as spam and post your own listing with information about the scam to keep others aware. You can also contact Craigslist directly to describe the issue and your concern. Additionally, vacation rental websites all have their own customer service departments and they can help you with anything that you need. This is why you should always handle the transaction via the official website - if you correspond directly with the property owner offline or over personal email, the website’s customer service team won’t be able to help if problems arise. If you see one of our homes listed for a price less than on this website somewhere please alert us to it.
7) Trust your instinct Is the listing or the owner’s emails filled with broken English? Does something just not feel right and you can’t put your finger on it? If so, trust your instinct. After all, this is your vacation and you should feel at ease before, during, and after. There are lots of great vacation rentals out there, so try looking for a few more - you may find something that looks even better! If you arrive to a vacation rental and feel unsafe, do not hesitate to call the local police or leave the area to find a different place to stay. Remember, no amount of money is worth the compromise of your safety!